Our Supplier’s Production Facility
Added: (Wed Sep 13 2017)
Pressbox (Press Release) -
Our supplier’s production facility in Iceland has been a leader in the research, development, processing, selling and marketing of marine lipids for decades. In partnership with this reliable producer, our primary goal is to bring to the U.S. market the highest quality products. There are many reasons why we can provide you with quality fish oil direct from Iceland:
• Fishing, rendering, processing, encapsulation, packaging, ocean shipping, and warehousing under our control throughout the process ensures care, freshness and quality from the sea to your facility.
• The quality of our products is ensured through rigorous quality systems and controls. A new, state-of-the-art processing plant was opened in 2005, enabling the manufacture of products that are second to none in quality.
• 6 scientists work full-time in Quality Control and are responsible for the control of incoming goods, analysis of finished products, and release of finished products.
• Our drying facility uses only green technology: Geothermal water and energy are used to run the processing plant.
• During our state-of-the-art processing, metals are removed during alkali refining and bleaching, pesticides are removed by deodorization, and dioxin is removed by adsorbents during bleaching leaving our fish oils at contaminant levels below regulatory limits after refining of fish oils.
• Batches are regularly sent out to third-party testing laboratories to measure toxicity levels and potency.
• The factory processes fish oils with GMP compliance for API’s (certificate IS/03/07).
• The packing unit packs retail products, liquid, capsules and tablets. This unit is GMP approved (certificate IS/01/07).
• The oil meets or exceeds all official regulations in regards to environmental contaminants.
• The oil is available in accordance with all major pharmacopoeias.
• Top quality fish oil, vitamin formulas or other supplements can be fully packaged under your own brand.
• Our supplier has initiated and encouraged continuing intensive research and has frequently surpassed the authorities in the research process. It was the only company of its kind that systematically checked if “foreign objects” were evident in fish liver. The company leads the way in omega-3 research and collaborates with research bodies worldwide.
• All of our products meet the parameters defined by the Council for Responsible Nutrition and the World Health Organization.
Iceland has Fishing Limits
Since 1901 Iceland has had a sea limit around the island which marked off the zone that could be fished by Icelanders alone. It started as 3 miles and by 1976 the exclusive area had expanded to 200 miles. This was done to protect the diminishing fishing stock, particularly cod and haddock.
How Does the Quota System Work
Once the zone was established, the amount of fish that each fisherman could catch had to be regulated as well. This was seen as the key to stopping the decline in the cod stocks. By 1995 a workable system of quotas was Once the zone was established, the amount of fish that each fisherman could estimated stock. Each vessel is allocated a certain share of the total allowable catch of the relevant species. Twice a year, in the autumn and spring, the scientists set the quotas after testing the biomass. They can close down fishing grounds if there is evidence that there are falling stocks. By 2010 Iceland will have its own marine stewardship label which will certify their responsible practices.
For more details on our products and services, please feel free to visit us atfish oil softgels, fish oil wholesale, cod liver oil bulk, fish oil manufacturer&fish oil supplier
Website -: http://icelandirect.com/