Barcode Recognition from Images, PDF Files & Enhanced Barcode Text Rendering using Java
Added: (Mon Mar 12 2018)
Pressbox (Press Release) -
What's New in this Release?
Aspose team is pleased to announce the new version of Aspose.BarCode for Java 18.2.0. The major development in this release is the enhanced process to recognize barcode from images and PDF files. This is primarily a maintenance release whereby Aspose team has resolved certain issues reported by Aspose’s valued customers. There are some important enhancements and bug fixes part of this release, such as Enhanced the barcode text rendering process in such a way that text rendering is different on systems which have custom display scaling. In this release the enhanced process of text rendering has been incorporated, Barcode recognition process have been enhanced to detect barcodes from PDF files, Functionality to recognize barcode from images has been improved. The functionality has been upgraded in such a way that if API encounters a situation in which metadata of barcode indicates that barcode has 19 lines but actually it has 18 lines. Algorithm will act accordingly and returns correct recognition result and Rendering of barcode text with custom font size have been revised. The process has been enhanced in such a way that now barcode text with custom font size fits in the image. Below is the list of main improved features and bug fixes added in this release.
• Unable to recognize the barcodes from images
• License text is drawn incorrectly
• Wrong codetext alignment on systems with custom scaling
• Aspose.BarCode is unable to detect barcode from PDF
• GetAngle() method is returning 0.0 for every barcode image supplied
• Generation barcode text with custom font size is not fit the image
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.BarCode for Java documentation that may guide users briefly how to use Aspose.BarCode for performing different tasks like the followings.
- How to set QR version: https://docs.aspose.com/display/barcodejava/Creating+a+QR+Barcode#CreatingaQRBarcode-HowtosetQRversion
- Create QR Barcode with Logo: https://docs.aspose.com/display/barcodejava/Creating+a+QR+Barcode#CreatingaQRBarcode-CreateQRBarcodewithLogo
Overview: Aspose.BarCode for Java
Aspose.BarCode is a Java based visual component for generation & recognition of 1D & 2D barcodes to support Java, web applications and J2ME platform. It supports 29+ barcode symbologies like MSI, QR, OneCode, Australia Post, Aztec, Code128, Code11, EAN128, Codabar, Postnet, USPS and also supports image output in GIF, PNG, BMP & JPG formats. Other features include barcode size & color settings, rotation angle & caption. You can render barcodes to images, printers, HTTP servlet response & graphical objects too.
More about Aspose.BarCode for Java
- Homepage of Aspose.BarCode for Java: http://www.aspose.com/products/barcode/java
- Download Aspose.BarCode for Java: http://www.aspose.com/downloads/barcode/java
- Online documentation of Aspose.BarCode for Java: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/barcodejava/Home
Aspose Pty Ltd
Suite 163, 79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW, 2066