Reading Project File of MS Project 2016 & Enhanced Resource Assignment using .NET
Added: (Tue Jan 15 2019)
Pressbox (Press Release) -
What's New in this Release?
Aspose team is pleased to announce the new release of Aspose.Tasks for .NET 19.1. This release includes various improvements in reading project from MS Project 2016 and fixes few issues reported with the API that further enhance the stability of the API. This release of Aspose.Tasks for .NET API has enhanced reading and writing of BackgroundColor in TextStyles. Most importantly, the project reading functionality while reading project file of MS Project 2016 has improved with this release. Moreover, the resource assignment is also enhanced by removing a set of actual fields while assigning the resources. This release includes plenty of new features as listed below
• Exception in Aspose.Tasks is thrown on project saving
• Fix writing/reading of BackgroundColor=Automatic in TextStyles
• AT throws InvalidCastException while reading project from Project Server 2016
• Remove a set of actual fields while assigning the resource
• Implement a feature to customize styles of custom fields
Other most recent bug fixes are also included in this release
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Tasks for .NET documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Tasks for performing different tasks like the followings.
- Reading Project File from Stream: https://docs.aspose.com/display/tasksnet/Creating%2C+Reading+and+Saving+Projects#Creating,ReadingandSavingProjects-ReadingProjectFilefromStream
- Microsoft Project MPP File Update: https://docs.aspose.com/display/tasksnet/Microsoft+Project+MPP+File+Update
Overview: Aspose.Tasks for .NET
Aspose.Tasks is a non-graphical .NET Project management component that enables .NET applications to read, write and manage Project documents without utilizing Microsoft Project. With Aspose.Tasks users can read and change tasks, recurring tasks, resources, resource assignments, relations and calendars. Aspose.Tasks is a very mature product that offers stability and flexibility. As with all of the Aspose file management components, Aspose.Tasks works well with both WinForm and WebForm applications.
More about Aspose.Tasks for .NET
- Homepage of Aspose.Tasks for .NET: https://products.aspose.com/tasks/net
- Download Aspose.Tasks for .NET: https://downloads.aspose.com/tasks/net
- Online documentation of Aspose.Tasks for .NET: https://docs.aspose.com/display/tasksnet/Home